Monday, October 12, 2009

Countdown to Halloween - October 12th

Lafayette Cemetery No. 1

I don't think I've ever shared our photos of the Lafayette Cemetery No. 1, in New Orleans Louisiana. Beautiful cemetery, beautiful "ovens", and some famous points of interest.








These grave are mentioned in the Anne Rice book "The Mayfair Witches"





This plot was used in the film "Double Jeopardy". A fake tomb was built on this site and used for the scene when Ashley Judd's character Libby is locked in the vault by her ex husband, played by Bruce Greenwood.

This vault is mentioned in Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles, as a place that the vampire Lestat would use to hide if he couldn't make it all the way home before dawn.





3 comments:

Chris 'Frog Queen' Davis said...

Wow, those are great photos. Thanks for the movie and book refernnces....good info.

Been there...wish you had been my tour guide - I would have learned so much more! :)

Cheers!

Dane said...

Great pictures. I'm very envious, I'd love to go tour these historic, unusual cemeteries. Like Frog Queen said, thanks for all the info regarding the specific tombs/graves in the media. Great post.

The Artful Gypsy aka Wendy the Very Good Witch said...

Very cool photos indeed! I must have missed this set! Thanks again for sharing this stuff. I know photos are a lot of work, but I really enjoy looking through these, so you can know your efforts were well appreciated!