Sunday, September 13, 2009
It's All About Participation and Readership
“It's almost time, kids. The clock is ticking. Be in front of your computers for the Horrorthon, followed by the Big Giveaway. Don't miss it. And don't forget to wear your masks. The clock is ticking. It's almost time”.
I’ve been planning my giveaway for a couple months now, and the time is finally here to announce it. I know that most people do giveaways to raise the number of followers they have, but I’m going to conduct mine differently. I want to give some gifts to two of my loyal readers, not just someone who signed up to win a contest they happened upon by accident. I didn't even put contest or giveaway in the title of this post. No becoming a follower to be entered, no posting on your blog about my blog for an entry, and no tweeting!
Here’s the skinny on how it will work.
(1) You must already be one of my followers (sounds like I’m a cult leader).
(2) You must have participated on my blog since July 2nd 2009 (I’ll post a list of who qualifies).
(3) You must post a comment here stating that you would like to be entered and answer the “contest questions”.
(4) Winner will be drawn at random on September 30th after 7:00pm EST (hopefully) from entrants who have answered the “contest questions” correctly, or if no one got them all correct, from those who got most of them right (there not that difficult).
(5) Any other rules that I make up for the fun of it or find that I need in order to be fare will apply. By entering this contest you have no rights as it pertains to this contest or said “prizes” or the right to vote in Transylvania or the Land of Oz. “WHEREAS The management cannot be held responsible for any accidents, incidents, loss of property or life or limb. And WHEREAS For damage caused by lightning, earthquakes, floods, fire, frost or frippery of any sort, kind or condition, consequently the undersigned take responsibility.
WHEREAS During the term of this Agreement you will become and remain, at your sole cost and expense and at our request, a member in good standing of any then properly designated labor unions, guilds, or other organizations, as defined and determined under the applicable law, pertaining persons performing services of the type and the character to be performed here and hereunder. Nothing herein contained shall be deemed to require the violation of any written agreement executed between us and any such labor union, guild or other organization which may be in effect at the time of the execution of this agreement, and wherever there is any conflict between the provisions of this agreement and any other, the latter shall prevail, but in such event, the provisions of this agreement so affected shall be curtailed and limited only to the events necessary to permit compliance with such payment of any additional compensation it shall be at the minimum that is permitted there under.” What just happened?
To be entered the following questions must be answered;
(1) What state does The Captain live in?
(2) Besides Halloween and Horror Movies, what is The Captain obsessed with lately? (It’s in the tags).
(3) What is the name of The Captain’s beautiful bride?
(4) What is The Captain’s livelihood? (His job)
(5) What was the name of The Captain’s haunt for 2008, or at least what was the theme?
(6) What was the name of The Captain’s haunt for 2007? (It’s the very first blog post I ever did.)
(7) What is The Captain’s favorite holiday?
(8) Bats or Ghosts? (No right or wrong answer.)
And finally the most important part, the bloggers who qualify to enter if they wish to do so;
Aelwyn@Aelwyn's Random Stuff
Carl(ILHM)@I Like Horror Movies
Carrie Mae@Creepy Cupcakes - Halloween Things
Designs By CK@Designs By CK
Diane@Wouldn't You Like To See Something Strange?
FULL MOON INDUSTRIES
Geof@Enter The Man-Cave
Ghoul Friday@My Ghoul Friday
halloween spirit@orange and black
Jo Amelia Finlay@Zombie Cupcake
Johnny@Through The Patch
Johnny@Freddy in Space and Win Free Horror Shit!
Mr.Macabre@Mr. Macabre's Hallowe'en Cerebrations
mrsb@Confessions of a Pagan Soccer Mom
The Frog Queen@Frog on the Pumpkin
"Good luck boils and ghouls!"