Tuesday, March 3, 2009

The Gate

Three young children accidentally release a horde of nasty, pint-sized demons from a hole in a suburban backyard. What follows is a classic battle between good and evil as the three kids struggle to overcome a nightmarish hell that is literally taking over the Earth.
Written by Anonymous

I couldn’t have said it better myself. I think this was Stephen Dorff’s very first film role. It isn’t exactly scary, but it’s a great 80’s horror complete with heavy metal, demons, and bad hairdos!
I remember this one fondly from the old VHS rental days, and in my opinion the story still holds up pretty well today. The Gate definitely gets the creativity award for best use of a “Barbie” doll as a weapon. I’m giving this one some old school love, 3 out of 4.

1 comment:

Ghoul Friday said...

One of my favourite movies from my youth. We even had the movie poster (still at my parent's house).