Wednesday, February 11, 2009

I Want My Mummy


I started my own little personal marathon of old Universal horror and Sci-Fi movies. I watched "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man" (1943, Lon Chaney Jr. & Bela Lugosi), and "The Mummy" (1932, Boris Karloff) last night. I'm enjoying myself so far, hadn't seen the Mummy since I was a young teenager, and had never seen "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man". I can't wait till I'm finished with this math class I'm taking, so I have time for the more important things in life, like watching monster movies.

2 comments:

Nosferatu said...

Great minds etc.........
In the sales, I bought a load of old horror movies but in particular "The Bride of Frankenstein" and "The Son of...".

They are marvellous when you consider they were made 75 years ago. I also got given for Xmas a set of movie monster playing cards and have decided to try and get hold of as many as possible on dvd. "Curse of the Demon" and "The Bodysnatcher" are the first two.

The best book I got for Christmas was The Complete Annotated Dracula. Simply brilliant.

suzanne said...

I love the Universal monster movies! I tried to devote last October to them but didn't have time for as many as I had hoped. I'll have to start earlier this year :)