Tuesday, October 28, 2008

The Little Big Book of Chills and Thrills


I was helping my Mom, Sister, and nephew move today and we were going through a bunch of boxes out in the storage closet. Nothing really of particular interests to me just a bunch of this and that and a ton of crap. As I sorted through so much of other people keepings, I moved some papers and what caught my eye but the words “Ye Ghost” on a ripped up book. I picked up the book whose cover had been long since ripped off to read the title. I was holding a coverless first edition of “Little Big Book of Chills and Thrills.” This book is so awesome! All vintage art and drawings, ghost stories, tales of magic and fantasy, poems, spells and curses, recipes, magic tricks, superstitions, legends, and lore, and all things Halloween. This book has that “found treasure” feel to it. If you love the Halloween of yesterday, the Halloween of your childhood, you will love this little gem of a book.

No comments: